If you follow the capsuling world, either in sewing or fashion, you may have heard of the 10×10 challenge. It was created by Style Bee a few years ago as a short styling challenge to force you to get creative with a limited number of garments.
Well, I decided to take the challenge this winter, and I started on Saturday! Here are my 10 pieces for this winter challenge:
Clockwise from top left:
(1) My favorite Madewell jeans
(2) Striped Plantain Tee
(4) A blue floral blouse from a Stitchfix box way back
(5) Camel blazer from Modcloth
(6) Slouchy gray cardigan from Gap (similar)
(7) Oatmeal V-neck cardigan from Banana Republic (similar)
(8) Charcoal merino crewneck from Gap
(9) Charcoal crepe cropped Harem Pants
(10) Pink cashmere cropped mockneck from Everlane
I didn’t include shoes in my 10×10 this time around because I knew I needed an additional clothing item. Since my 10 items need to cover both office and weekend days, I needed a little more variety than I would if I was able to dress more casually every day.
I anticipate that weekdays will be the most challenging for me. I typically wear the same pair of jeans all weekend anyway, and I’ll have 4 tops to pair it with, so I could wear a different outfit every weekend day. However, I typically don’t wear the same two pairs of pants on repeat at the office, so that’s where my creativity will have to come into play.
I’m not going to bore you all with daily outfit photos 🙂 But I will post a couple of outfit roundups — first at the halfway point and then when I’m all done!