Monday’s post was getting a little long, so here is the complete rundown on my harem pants.
Pattern: Ladies Harem Pants by Pattern Emporium
Price: $12 AUD
Difficulty: Adventurous beginner.
Techniques Required: Pants fitting (if necessary), sewing pockets, sewing a curved seam, inserting elastic, attaching a waistband.
Similar Patterns: Seamwork Moji pants. There are a number of jogger patterns that are also similar but designed for knits rather than wovens. Since these pants are specifically designed for wovens, I’ve only included the other woven jogger pattern that I know.
Fabric: Rayon crepe suiting from Cali Fabrics.
Fit: Pretty good. These pants have a very forgiving fit. I think they run a tad big and I could have comfortably sized down, as these “slim fit” pants aren’t particularly slim.
Modifications: Shortened the leg by 6″, narrowed the leg opening by 4″ for a tapered leg, and left out the leg elastic.
Pattern format: PDF.
- Very fast sew!
- Forgiving fit. These pants are very relaxed through the he hip and thigh, which should make fitting fairly easy overall.
- Fun casual look that you can also dress up.
- Without the elastic, these are even good for the office!
- Lots of options for the pocket and leg finish.
- Pattern seems to run a tad big. I think I could have sized down.
- The “relaxed fit” version is a little vague. Basically, you use cut the slim fit version and then slash and spread the pattern to add extra width.
Overall Grade: B+. These very nicely fill a hole in the jogger world. Most jogger patterns are drafted for knits and take some modification to make them appropriate for wovens. But these are designed specifically for wovens, which makes them a great option!