It’s not typical for me to have a finished garment this early during a KCW but I’m bucking my trend this time around! It helps that this dress for N went together really fast.
This is a modified version of the Oliver + S free Popover Dress pattern made in a luscious Anna Maria Horner voile. I’ve made the Popover Dress for N before (still unblogged) and after that dress, I knew that I wanted to make some changes to address both style and fit issues.
I made those changes here and I absolutely love the end result! In fact, I love it so much that I can’t do it justice with iPhone photos taken in the morning before school. So, my full post and review will wait until I can get N and her dress out to take some proper photos. I’ll just leave you with a close-up of the dress yoke. I recently acquired an edgestitching foot for my Bernina, which I loooooove! I end up with perfect topstitching pretty much every time!
In addition to finishing this dress, I also cut fabric for J’s outfits, which I’ll start on tonight. All was going swimmingly until I realized that I had grabbed my size 3T Blank Tank pattern pieces rather than the size 5 pattern pieces. Luckily these tanks take less than 1/2 yard of fabric so I had plenty left to recut them. And that, my friends, is why you shouldn’t cut fabric at 11:30pm!