It wasn’t too long ago that we all trucked it out to California for our friend Leslie’s wedding. Well, in September we get to do it again. This time, my brother is getting married in Florida. We’re headed down there with the whole fam, including Obaachan and Mimi and Papa.
I am once again making N’s flower girl dress (J will likely wear the suit I made him for the last wedding), but in addition to her dress, I really want to make my own clothes for the trip. And I’ll need more clothes than I would typically bring on vacation, simply because of all the events we have to attend down there!
I have about 2 1/2 months before we leave for the wedding, and several sewing commitments during that time (including some pattern testing. Hint — it’s NOT for me!). That sounds like a long time, but I know that I’ll be scrambling to finish N’s dress as well as my own capsule wardrobe. So, I’d better plan it out!
- Colette Moneta in pink striped ponte
- Cropped Anima Pants in black and white tribal print knit.
- Plain tank tops (done!)
- Rehearsal dinner: Leini Dress in Steel Blue silk charmeuse.
- Wedding: Vanamo 2-piece cocktail dress in turquoise suiting (this is the only fabric not currently in my stash)
- Day-after Brunch: Lucie Dress in cream/black star charmeuse
- Sleeveless Colette Laurel dress in blue double gauze
- Maritime shorts in chambray (or Colette Iris — we’ll see how the mood strikes me)
- Sleeveless Colette Laurel top in red polka dot double gauze (red is sold out — similar here)
- Archer in blue polka dot double gauze
- Sleeveless Colette Moneta in mint green stripe ponte
- V-neck Union St. Tee in pink jersey
- Colette Mabel miniskirt (done!)
- Julia Cardigan in mint jersey (done!)
- Julia Cardigan in gray jersey
- Plantain Tee dresses (done!)
- Mission Maxi in striped spandex jersey
Wow, that’s a lot. Looks like the rest of my summer sewing is set!