My “nesting” bug hit a couple of weeks ago, which has led to a flurry of sewing for the nursery. That was good because even though I purchased fabric back in April or May, I still hadn’t sewn a single crib sheet! I don’t particularly enjoy home dec sewing, so I tend to proscrastinate it until the very last minute.
So far I have managed to crank out all the crib sheets and make a crib quilt. A couple of changing pad … pads are cut and on my table just waiting for binding, and my solid fabric for the curtains and rocker cover is ordered and should arrive today.
But all of this baby sewing has left me with a pile of unfinished WIPs in various stages of completion.
First, Albert’s second pair of Jedediah Pants, in a lovely blue Essex yarn-dyed linen. They are about 3/4 completed. All I have left is the fly, the waistband and the hems. Yet there they sit, untouched for at least the last two weeks.
Next, a simple elastic-waist skirt for me from some of my treasured Heather Ross Far, Far, Away III fabric is sitting there, also about 3/4 finished. All that remains is to attach the waistband, sew up the remaining side, and then insert the elastic and hem. I was pretty proud that I managed to squeak this skirt out of 1 yard and 1 fat quarter of fabric — I used every last scrap of that yard piece!
Third, a second Miette Skirt is cut and waiting for the sewing machine (and yes, second means that I have actually finished a first Miette Skirt. Hopefully I will get around to at least taking some finished object photos in the next few days).
There’s the Eucalypt Tank from a thrifted men’s button-down shirt that needs to be sewn together. Considering that this only requires a few hems and some bias binding, the fact it’s still sitting there is pretty sad.
And finally, a Lady Skater, modified for breastfeeding, is also cut and waiting for the machine. Since I likely won’t be able to wear that for several weeks still (i.e. until my belly shrinks back down to something ressembling a normal size after giving birth), this one is probably at the bottom of my sewing queue.
This is not to mention the pajama pants that I promised to make for Albert — his current ones are in hideous shape — or the nursing tanks that are floating around in my head (for which I just bought a bunch of fabric from Girl Charlee, so much for sewing from my stash! In my defense, though, I think I only had one piece of knit stash fabric with a spandex content, and I have that earmarked for another project). Or the BFing-modified Scout Tee for which I have modified the pattern but not yet cut test fabric. Oh, and the knit Saltspring dress (or two) that I want to make. Oy!
Please tell me I’m not the only one with an endless supply of WIPs!