Boy sewing

KCWC Day 6 — The pants that almost weren’t

Once again I’m behind on KCWC posting, mostly because I haven’t been able to take pictures!

Between my burnout and N’s bout with the croup, these pants almost didn’t happen. Fate certainly was conspiring against them anyway!

But I finally finished them on Friday night, and they are pretty cool, if I do say so myself. Maybe my favorite of the three pairs I made this week!

20121014-132910.jpg

The fabric is a black and white houndstooth twill that I bought from Chez Ami last winter. For the patches and pockets, I just cut the fabric on the bias, and I really like the effect! A little more subtle but it adds some interest.

I bought about 4 yards of this fabric so I think some of it is destined to become another Kelly Skirt for me! (I still have to blog my wearable muslin).

Originally I had planned to post a tutorial today on how I’ve been salvaging N’s outgrown onesies and t-shirts, but that will have to wait for another day!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *